Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7PP repeals several previously enacted executive orders to allow for the safe reopening of certain sectors of the economy on May 20, including for the reopening of outdoor dining, offices, retail and malls, museums and zoos, and outdoor recreation businesses. The Department of Economic and Community Development shall issue a list of business types permitted to reopen, which may be amended from time to time and shall be incorporated in the Sector Rules.
As we start opening select businesses on May 20th, we will open at our strictest controls on business operations and societal interaction. This will include, among other measures:
• Capacity limit of 50% for businesses that reopen.
• Strict cleaning and disinfection protocols in all settings.
• Those who can work from home should continue to do so
• Those in high-risk groups (comorbidities) and over the age of 65
should continue to stay safe and stay home.
• Face masks should continue to be worn in public at all times.
• Social gatherings will be restricted to a maximum of 5 people.
CT Business Reopening and Recovery Center
Business must self-certify and commit to comply with the Sector Rules established to keep their employees and customers safe. Once complete, you will be provided with signage and a badge that you can voluntarily post at your place of business or website.